Monday, August 18, 2008

It must be a case of the Mondays...

So I apologize to my one reader for not posting anything the last 4 days, but let's be honest, it's not like my life is so amazing that I will always have some crazy adventure to talk about. I mean, don't get me wrong, my life pretty much rocks, but be it hard to believe, there are some days that I simply get up, go to work, go home, pet my dog, and sit there until I go to bed. At any rate, a few of the highlights that I can recall....

Thursday I finally got to mow. This is something that has plagued me because I do not like mowing, even with my Murray riding mower that I got from dad (although I won't lie, it is fun to chase the dog around the yard with it from time to time). however, I haven't been able to cut my grass the last three weeks due to my mower's blade not engaging. We finally took a look at it, and after about 20 minutes of trying to re-rig the spring, and such, we came to the conclusion it needed some WD40 on a bolt. A single bolt. How sad is it that I couldn't have deduced this myself? I know, incredibly sad Kyle. At any rate, that's what I spent the evening doing...mowing. And then bagging up the grass. And then sitting there as Meagan called from time to time to tell me it was pouring down rain in NYC (not that I didn't want to talk to her. I very much did. I'm just making the point that it was the highlight of my evening post-yardwork).

Friday was much the same, although Meagan's mom came into the shop to show me the box of wedding invitations she found. After work, a trip to Ci-Ci's pizza with the folks and Chandler and Logan, and then over to their house to watch some of the Olympics. The end. (I said there wasn't much to it)

Saturday I slept in for the first weekend in a few weeks, and then proceeded to sit on my couch for another few hours. Cathy, Meagan's mom, came by with another 15 boxes of those invitations. This is of course awesome, since still 9 months out from the wedding, the invitations are just another in the long list of things we have completed or nearly completed (still have to get them printed of course). I then rode on my bike for a hair over an hour and 11 miles while I caught up on DVR'd episodes of Robin Hood (awesome show on BBC America, in case you haven't seen it). Afterwards, I picked up Cathy to go eat with me and my folks at their house (her daughter and husband are in New York, and her son is back in R'ville). Some good food, and a couple hours of the Olympics later, and I was back home watching Phelps win the 8th.

Yesterday (Sunday), we started our new "Praise" service at Grand Avenue Baptist. The difference is that instead of having the 'Classic' service at 8:30, it's now at 9:30 and under a new name. Let's just say it was nice for most every choir member being able to get there an hour later. Sunday school, and a lunch at Logan's Roadhouse later, I was sprawled out on the couch and asleep where I would remain a good 2 1/2 hours. I then got up, rode my bike about 6 miles and then then proceeded to watch more of my DVR'd Robin Hood episodes.

Again, nothing too exciting. I must say, though, it was an incredibly relaxing weekend, as evidenced by the fact that probably half of it was spent on my couch watching the tv. Everyone needs a weekend like that from time to time. I sleep poorly enough as it is to not need one more often that not.

In other news, Meagan is nearly on her flight back to God's Country, and will be here around 7 tonight after a long layover in Atlanta. I am, of course, excited to see her again, but it will obviously be somewhat bittersweet as tomorrow morning we head out to Russellville to move her back into a tiny little dorm room for 4 months. That will be hard. Yes, I realize that most weekends I will get to see her, but the fact of not seeing her day in and day out, after an every day thing all summer long will take some getting used to :-) But it must be done, and will be over soon enough. The upside tomorrow is that I get to make a stop at Rivertowne in Ozark and get the best sandwich on Planet Earth. So a big woohoo to that.

I've rambled. A lot. I'm gonna stop now, seeing as I'm at work, and my mom keeps giving me a look when she comes back into my office, as if I'm not getting anything accomplished....

Oh, and at some point, I intend to tell my eternally optimistic views on how the Hogs football season will shape up...it should at least be good for some laughs...

Keep on truckin...
-Kyle

No comments: